We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ava's Cold

Ava has had a cold for the last week. This is only her second time to be sick in seven months......we just started her in church nursery on Sundays, so we think that is where she picked it up. It has really made me thankful that we were blessed with a baby with no health problems, as it is such a helpless feeling when they are hurting and you can't make it better

Here she is with her medical supplies.....baby Vick's, baby Tylenol, a thermometer, and nose sucker.
Ava doesn't watch much tv or videos due to all the controversial studies on whether it is good or bad for the baby's brain. However, we broke the rules and let her watch Baby Einstein. Whatever keeps her happy!
She seemed to really enjoy it for about 20 minutes. That is her attention span for anything.

She spent much of the week sleeping and being held.
Showing off her fancy new nightgown.


Ava has always needed to be in her crib, car seat, swing or our arms to fall asleep. However this day, she was fighting taking a nap, so I let her play with some toys in her floor. The next thing I knew, she was sleeping like this.
Showing her little crack....not the most complementary position for a little lady!

5 comments:

Mom23WildBoys said...

I think Ava has a future in plumbing! ;) I hope she's all better! When can we introduce Ava and Andrew?

Me said...

So cute! Tiny little plumber's crack! Catelyn has that same gumball machine and she loves it! We've been fighting a couple of colds and an ear infection lately too . . . I think this weather has brought in a lot of bugs this season!

Jami said...

Love the little crack! Jack never fell asleep on his own like that, either. Sorry she's sick. It is pretty pitiful when they have colds! Hope y'all are doing well!

The Reiersons said...

That is hilarious! What a priceless picture :) I hope she starts to feel better soon!!!

Kimberly said...

Hope that Ava is feeling better! James got sick for the first time about two weeks ago. He ended up with RSV and an ear infection! I let him watch a little tv too. ;)