On October 23rd, 2008, I was doing aerobics on my lunch break and felt a funny little tug in my belly. I thought, I have never felt that before.........what if I'm pregnant!!! So, I ran to the bathroom and did a test.....completely expecting it to say "not pregnant", as it had the month before, our 1st month of trying. It flashed for just a minute or two and then said "Pregnant".........What? Pregnant? !!!!! Oh my goodness.......this test says "pregnant" and Clint won't be home for hours. This was one of the most surreal and exciting moments of my entire life. Who am I going to tell? What am I going to do? I jumped up and down and squealed and told our dog Faith. Then I thanked God for the answered prayer of maybe having a baby! Then, I decided to do another test. The second test said the same thing "Pregnant". At this point, I am freaking out......my hands are shaking.......I have tears in my eyes and I am just so so thankful to God.

I don't think Faith really understood what was going on!
I waited and waited and waited for Clint to come home. Of course they needed him late at the hospital that evening and he did not walk in until almost 7, which felt like an eternity. I had showered and gotten ready and told him that we should go out to eat...........since we were too late to make our class at church. He was happy to go out to eat and went to wash his face. At that point I strategically placed the pregnancy tests in my back pocket.

So with tests placed, I am grinning from ear to ear and beaming with joy. Clint looks at me and says "you are so beautiful, I am so happy to be married to you." Melt my heart.......he couldn't have said more perfect words moments before I tell him we are going to have our first baby. He then proceeds to give me a big hug and he found the tests hidden in my back pocket. He held them in his hands and gets the most shocked look on his face. He is like, "Oh my goodness, we are pregnant!" At this point he gets a really worried look on his face and says, "Gina, that is really going to hurt..........and it is really hard on your poor little body........and having a baby is very painful." It was not the reaction I was looking for, but very sweet and he was in complete shock. It took a few minutes, but then he was like wow, we are going to have a baby........that happened so quick.........that is really cool. It was by far one of the happiest memories of my life.


Then came, telling the grandparents. We had to wait a couple of weeks to make sure everything stuck, but I was busting at the seems to tell them. I had already planned it all out..........I had thought this all up long before the baby was on its way. I ordered the below custom
onsies.

We then had to come up with random reasons why we just had to visit our parents only weeks before we would be there for Thanksgiving. I was so excited to tell them that I was nervous!
20 minutes after getting to his parents house, Clint told me, "Oh Gina, go get that gift you picked up for my mom". Of course that was all planned. She opened it very cooly..........expecting a tennis towel or little something. Then when she read the onsie, she said "No way! No way! Oh my. Are you for real?" She was so happy she did a little run through the house. It was just as fun as I had imagined it would be to tell them.
Proud Grandma with the
onsie
Future Grandpa and Grandma to our baby!

The following weekend...........Getting to my parents proved to be a little more difficult as they were on their farm, which is 7 hours away from their house in Georgetown, but we talked them into coming back one day early.
We did the same game of oh, I got you a little something. My mom opened it and at first thought I had bought their dog a little outfit. But, it didn't take long to register that we had a baby on the way. They were thrilled with the news.
Future Papa and Grandma to our baby!

Can you tell she is happy?
How lucky our little one is to already be so loved and much anticipated. Sharing the news of this little blessing has been such a joy and something I will remember always!
6 comments:
Gina, that is such a good story about how you told the grandparents. We had this grand scheme worked up for Jarred's parents because they had been nagging us (I say "they" I mean Barbara) for years. It didn't work and we had to come up with something else so we did a video. I think Barbara almost didn't believe us. We told my parents when we were all together for a family weekend in the mountains. It was fun to break the news! I hope you're feeling well. Your Christmas pictures look great. I'm jealous about your Wii fit. I still can't find one. It was good to see y'all & hope to see you again soon.
such a cute story! I love it - congrats you guys, so excited for both of you!
Awwww... so cute! I also had an idea in mind on how to tell Ryan, but I had to wait 4 days before we went to Chicago to do it, so needless to say about 1 hour after finding out he already knew. I just couldnt keep the excitement in. We're so happy for y'all. Hope all is going well and hopefully morning sickness is now in the past :)
I love the onesies! What a cute idea. :) What an exciting time!! Enjoy every minute...it goes by quickly.
What a fun story....finding out you're pregnant is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. This last time, I was by myself too, and I was just like you....jumping and squealing! SO happy for you guys!!
Congrats!! Motherhood is so amazing. I'm so excited for you. We got our baby bed in Northwest Arkansas, where we live, at an unpoainted furniture store and had it stained a really dark expresso color.
Post a Comment