I just returned from Casa Hogar orphanage in Mexico on a mission trip through Second Baptist Church of Houston. This was our 4th summer to teach Vacation Bible School at this orphanage. It was such a joy to see these kids that I had missed so much over the last year. They are the sweetest and most loving kids I have ever known. It is amazing how God bridges the language barrier and allows me to communicate with them through an unspoken language of gestures, hugs, kisses..........and a little of my broken Spanish.
I was in charge of co-teaching art.........and as usual, these little ones were my favorite group of kids. They are so adorable & sweet..........but definitely a handfull.These three boys found a place in my heart this year. They were always up for a hug and would have let me carry them around all day.
They would wrap their arms around my bottom just like this to let me know they were ready to be held.
Group of little ones..............always full of hugs!
Arele has been one of my babies for years now.
They spent a lot of time reading picture bibles that we brought and looking at pictures of me, Clint, friends, & family that I brought. They are so fascinated with our lives back in the states.
I had a sweet friend, Romina that translated for me, so I really got to bond with the teenage girls a little more this year.
Painting...........these two were my little helpers. I think they may have gotten more paint on each other than the shelves.
We visited amazing water falls one day when we took a trip away from the orphanage.
The night before we leave, we always throw the kids a pizza & ice cream party. They get a little out of hand, but it is really fun!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Casa Hogar Orphanage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment