We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Girlfriends

This week I have been incredibly grateful for my girlfriends. I can't imagine my life without the dear friends I have made since moving to Houston 8 years ago. I don't know if it is the hormones of my final days of pregnancy or the fact that 3 friends came over on various days to spend time with me or that God is showing me how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by wonderful Christian girls, but I am so THANKFUL!!!

I had 3 special visitors in the last week. Cassie spent an afternoon with me and it was so fun to catch up with her........and enjoy lunch and gelato at Black Walnut Cafe. Breezi (my best friend from Tulsa) got to spend an evening with me........we enjoyed dinner at Lupe Tortillas (my favorite Mexican Restaurant) and visiting about the first years of marriage and the excitement of baby girl's arrival being so close. Debbie came over to have dinner with me and we spent the evening chatting like we did in the old days. It was such a treat to have these sweet friends spend time with me.

I also got to see my "Sunday Brunch" girlfriends at Chrissy's baby shower last weekend. I am always so happy after spending time with this group of girls.......they are just so much fun and we always have great times together.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Gina- I just read a comment you posted on my blog back in April. So sorry! My breast pump is the Ameda Purely Yours and I LOVE it!!!! I did have issues with Carly, but that was because I was an exclusive pumper and my body did not like that :) However, pumping once/twice a day with Zach has been great. The pump is perfect and I have nothing bad to say about it. Email me if you have any more questions.
Wendy

Kaitlin L. said...

Hi Gina! Thought about you the other day and wanted to 'check in' on you :) Hope you guys have found a church by now (but let us know if you're still wanting to visit Faith)...my husband is from Tulsa (the Jenks area), so you may have friends in common!