We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ava's Mommy is Sick

I am on day 3 in Texas Women's hospital with severe mastitis. This is my third bout with mastitis in the short month since Ava was born. Mastitis is an infection in the breast caused by breastfeeding. I am left with no choice but to give up breastfeeding, but am still very ill. My OBGYN said I am in the top 4 worst cases that she has ever seen. So a 24 hour hospital stay has now turned into what they are expecting to be a one week hospital stay.
Clint & Ava come to visit everyday, which is wonderful, but I cry when they leave. It is so hard to say goodbye to my month old baby girl and husband that I adore.

Please pray for wisdom for my doctors, for good nurses, and for God's healing of my body, for Ava & Clint to take good care of each other......and sleep for me. It is hard to sleep with this much pain and an iv and nurses coming in to change iv antibiotics every two hours. THANK YOU in advance for your prayers!

Update: Clint & Ava are staying with Grandma Polly and Papa Wayne in Nederland, so they are being cared for and fed. Thank you for the offers of food and babysitting, but Grandma is covering both.

9 comments:

Andria said...

Goodness girl :( this is just toooo much! I am very much praying for your healing and please let me know if there is anything at all I can do!

Chrissy said...

Oh Gina, bless your heart. I know this must be so hard, I'm so sorry that you have to be in the hospital. The Lord will make you stronger and heal you. I am praying for you dear girl. Just remember the beautiful baby and loving husband you have at home and how in the grand scheme of things, it is just a short time! The Lord has good plans for you! I love you!

Rita said...

Gina, you stuck it out much longer than I would have. I'm praying for you and Clint. There are brighter days ahead!

Jami said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering if you were home yet. I'm sorry to hear you'll have to stay there so long. I would come sit with you and keep you company if I could!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Oh Gina,
I am SO SO sorry that you are having to go through this. You will definitely be in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do.

You guys are in the Woodlands now, right. Can I take Clint some dinner or do anything to help? Please don't hesitate to ask!

Leah said...

Bless your heart! I am praying for you.

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Gina, I'm so sorry you're having to go through such a terrible experience. I admire you for giving Ava your best shot at breastfeeding, despite numerous bouts of being sick from it. I'm praying for you - for quick healing, rest, strength, and comfort when you're missing your dear Ava, and for Clint as he has to rise to the challenge of caring for a newborn by himself. Hope you can go home soon. Love you!

jmmyndlnd said...

I just recently found your blog thru Kelly's Korner and think the baby is sooooooo cute, so sorry you are in the hospital and I will keep you in my prayers.

Kristie Seale said...

Gina,I am so sorry. That is horrible. My first baby was never breastfed from day 1 we had to suppliment too. Ava will be fine. I am praying for you to heal soon.

Love,
Kristie