We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby's Nursery

The nursery is all set up and ready for baby girl. I am so happy with how the bedding turned out.....especially the color! The "C" is for our last name.


It was so fun to finally have her bedding in the crib. Now I walk into her nursery and imagine what it will be like to lay our baby girl in her bed. It is all so much more real now that we have a nursery put together.
The three pictures above her bed are going to eventually contain pictures of her, but for now they have her ultrasounds in them.
The glider was our final purchase, as I kept going back and forth on whether I wanted a reclining glider or a glider with ottoman. I finally chose this chocolate colored glider / recliner by Best Chair. It is so comfortable! The bear is wearing baby girl's red tutu until she gets here to wear it!
I found this red lamp, cross and "A" at Hobby Lobby. I love that store! The "A" is your one clue as to what her name is.
Baby girl is going to have to wait until we buy a house next year to have her chandelier, but I have this one picked out from Pottery Barn Kids and think it would go perfect with her nursery decor.
For my dear friends and family who are wondering where in the world 40+ comments came from in one day......and several of you have asked....I was a part of Kelly's Korner tour of homes, because it was baby nursery day. Little did I know, I would have thousands of people visit the blog and so many comments on the nursery. It has provided a full day of entertainment for me.

57 comments:

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

Oh we have that "A" but it's a "V" for Von Hohn - so fun! Abigail, Addison, Ainsley...am I getting close? There's too many A girl names. So excited for you guys - the nursery is super cute - I love it!

Kyle and Melanie White said...

I, too, wondered about the "A". Ashley, Audrey, Allie, perhaps?? Great job on everything. The room looks really nice.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Beautiful!!
I love the bedding!

Anonymous said...

Gina,
You do everything so beautifully! I can wait to see what God has planned for ya'll. So exciting. :)

~Bonnie Jean.

Ashley said...

I love that you used red! It's rare to see that in a nursery, and I love it! Supercute!

Jenny said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. Very pretty room.

Gabi said...

Ooh, I always wanted to be able to hang a chandelier, but don't think my boys would like it very much! :) Love the one you picked out, and A's room looks great!

Kelly said...

Love the room - the bedding is great!

Heather said...

I love the room!!! It is so cute and I love the colors!!

Taz + Belly said...

So cute. You'll love the Best chair... that's what we have and I love it.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I love your bedding! What a fun room!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

annalee said...

what a wonderful nursery for your baby girl. i love the boldness of the color, beautiful!

His Doorkeeper said...

Gina, your baby girl's room is so sweet! Love the colors!
May God bless you with a healthy baby!
Blessings!

Kelly's Mom

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Beautiful room! I know you are waiting with such anticipation to meet your little baby girl! I had my first baby 4 1/2 months ago. It's an amazing gift!! I love the chandelier you have picked out too!

KIMBERLY said...

i love love love the colors of your bedding! congrats and best wishes with your new baby girl!

Emily Arrison said...

I love the colors in your nursery!

Pamela said...

Beautiful Nursery! I know you just can't wait! Are you in The Woodlands Tx? I have not read your blog yet but saw The Woodlands on your post. We are getting ready to be just down the road in Humble! Our fave mall is The Woodlands Mall! I hear it is even better these days!

April - Team Tottle said...

My guess is "Avery"!

Pam Bowers said...

I love your colors. Congrats on your sweet one coming.

The Dorns said...

I really like your bedding and I love the bold color choice. We have one red wall in our sons room and he loves to stare at it.

Southern Fried Gal said...

What a fun nursery! You are going to have one smart baby girl!

Angie said...

Very cute room. We have a Best Chair recliner and love it.

Leslie said...

Love your colors... what a fun time waiting for the little one.

Kari said...

Such a grown up room! I love it!!

Cody Jean said...

Gorgeous bedding! Love the idea of a chandelier!

Kaitlin L. said...

Love your nursery (especially the bedding)! It's definitely a small world (we live in The Woodlands, too and are due with a baby girl in September!) Shoot me an email if you'd like to visit our church (we have quite a few former Second Baptist people - even several that met in their singles department and are married, now!) Kaitlin22@aol.com

Tara G. said...

The red and black is so pretty! It's hard to wait, isn't it!?

Chrissy said...

I couldn't believe there were already 26 comments on your blog since yesterday! I love the nursery too! So beautiful! I see you changed the name to the other?! Well, you know I love it already, if it's what I think it is of course.

RN and OSHP said...

Love the colors and how the nursery matches the rest of your house!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Congratulations- I love those bold colors!

The Baby Cove said...

This nursery is great! I absolutly love the reds -- you definitely don't see that as much but I love it! Congrats on your baby girl comin' soon!

Liz said...

Very cute! Haven't seen any red room themes in a while!

Carrie said...

So pretty!! Where did you get your bedding? We got our's from Pine Creek and we have the first letter of our last name monogrammed on it too :o)

ClintandGina said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments on baby girl's nursery!!!

The bedding is from Jacquelyn Reese.

Here is her website:
http://jacquelynreese.com/index2.php

I found her online and she was wonderful to work with!

Tammy said...

Hi! I'm new to your beautiful blog. Nice to "meet" you!

Beautiful bedding and nursery!

midnight macaroons said...

Congrats on your baby girl! We just relocated from Austin to Kingwood. Hubby works in hospital development and is working on projects around the Woodlands. It's a small blogging world.... Adorable nursery! Again, Congrats to you and your hubby on your little blessing.

Jamie said...

I can definitely see the similarities between your crib and the Munire. Definitely a great choice! I love the bold contrast of colors and your 'A' looks great on the wall as well.

Ashley said...

Hey Gina! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog...it sounds like we have a lot in common! Just wanted to let you know that the vinyl wall monogram is completely removable...it just peels off when you're done! So they are actually perfect for apartments, etc. Let me know if you want more info! :o)

Rebekah said...

SO SO BEAUTIFUL! I love the pictures of your baby girl's nursery and I love the color choices you picked for the bedding ... they are so striking! I am excited to see pictures of a baby in her crib when she arrives! Thanks so much for sharing it was fun!

Have a great weekend!

Rebekah and her girls!

Fullers1006 said...

Your baby girls room is Beautiful! I adore the bedding! These are great ideas for if I have a girl one day! I LOVE the chandelier!

Leah said...

CUTE! I am having a baby boy just a few days after you are due. Congratulations!

Jordan said...

TOO funny! I LOVE Eggemyer's and go there often when I'm home. What is your sister's name? My maiden name is Koschak and my parents still live there. Also, we went to Second Baptist when we lived in Houston! I LOVED it and MISS it so much! I saw that Jacquie posted on your blog. I know her through Renee Westcott. Thanks for commenting and helping to make these connects. Best of luck with your little one arriving soon.

Courtney said...

I love the baby room. Red is my favorite color!

His Doorkeeper said...

Well, Thank You for your sweet reply! You MADE my day!!

Judy Martin

Kelley said...

What an awesome nursery! I love the colors in the bedding. I think it is very bold and bright.

lots of love said...

hello again! we are actually STILL looking for a church to call "home" here! we have visited first presbyterian in downtown Houston, and FUMC in downtown, FUMC of kingwood, and FUMC of atascocita (outside of kingwood near humble) and just havent felt at "home" at any of those! so were still on the lookout as well!

Lindsay said...

Do you know my friend Laura?? I see you have her blog on your blog list. She lives in College Station now, we went to college together. Small world huh?? Anyways, I wish you the best of luck having your baby. The room is so cute!! I bet you can't wait to have her in it.

Ang said...

WOW! So beautiful! I love how unique your nursery looks. Great job!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your nursery.....one of my favorites.

Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed reading your blog...I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.

Jami said...

Looks so good! I can't wait to see pictures of baby A!

Marlana said...

Just found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Your nursery is lovely! I have a little girl with an A name, too!

I played around with your blog header and would love to send it to you but can't find an e-mail address for you. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like and I'll send it to you.

Vanessa said...

The nursery looks beautiful! Congratulations.

Rita said...

The "A" is for Absolutely Adorable! I love the nursery and can't wait for the absolutely adorable baby girl "A" to get here.

Rita said...

The "A" is for Absolutely Adorable! I love the nursery and can't wait for the absolutely adorable baby girl "A" to get here.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I'm jamie--AKA MIMI and I live in Arizona and my favorite color is RED!!! I do not have any red rooms in my home, alot of Burgundy, that counts as red in our house!!! I love the nursery!!!! Great choice!!!!
God Bless you and your little daughter and I Pray you have a healthy remaining pregnancy!!!
God Bless,
jamie

natashaly said...

Hello,
I LOVE IT. You guys did a really good job. Did you get your bedding made? If so where did you get the fabric and if not where did you buy the bedding? I Live in London, ON, Canada and can't find anything like your bedding.
Once again great job - love it

Val, Brax and Harper said...

i came across your blog while i was searching kelly's "show us your life-children's rooms." i went there specifically looking for ideas on baby girl nurseries with RED in them.... yours is AWESOME! do you mind giving me the info of the lady in houston that you worked with?