We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Monday, July 20, 2009

Ava at Two Weeks

I did a little two week photo session with Ava.






What Ava is doing at two weeks:
1. She is still sleeping in her swing at night.
2. She sleeps two 4 hour stretches at night.....praise the Lord that we got a good little sleeper.
3. She LOVES to eat. I developed mastitis (this is when baby gives mommy a staff infection from nursing.......and is horribly painful). I had 102 - 103 fever for two days and very little milk, so Ava had to take formula bottles while I recovered. She liked the on demand feeding, so now we breastfeed AND formula feed to keep her happy.
4. She can hold her pacifier in with her hand (as seen in the bunny photo above).
5. She mostly sleeps and eats, but has two VERY wakeful hours per day where she spends 2 hours looking around, watching us, trying to talk to us, and making funny faces. This is mine and Clint's favorite time of day with her. It is our little family time.
6. We went on our first walk.......and Ava enjoyed the first half, but had to be carried by mommy the second half.

5 comments:

cousinkaty said...

Lucky duck! Two four hour naps? Love the holding of the paci... precious! (and smart) Great photo shoot!

Alissa said...

I love the paci shots....so cute! And....mastitis is no fun. I had it once with Grant, and hopefully never again! It is the worst feeling in the world...hope you are all better now!

PS. Grant slept in the swing all the time for his first few months....he slept in the Papasan at night and the swing during the day. And he did fine transferring to his crib eventually!

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

I love the photo session...so fun! She is precious! Sorry youhave mastitis, I've heard that's no good and very painful. What a blessing that Ava's such a good eater and sleeper :)

The Reiersons said...

She is so cute - I love the photo session and how adorable is it that she already holds her paci!!!

Melissa said...

I just happened to find your blog from Kelly's Korner. My little Hunter (almost 6 months) also has the cow milk protein allergy. I was breastfeeding and had to eliminate dairy. You should checkout mspimama.blogspot for some great recipes. Also, I recently discovered coconut milk ice cream (it is dairy and soy free and wonderful!). The diet is hard for about 2 weeks, and then it is very easy. Many Pilsbury products are safe - including their crescent rolls!! Good luck! It's worth it to have a much happier baby!! I supplemented with Nutramigen formula. He hated it at first but got used to it by me mixing it with breastmilk at first. Good luck!