We have survived the first week at home with Ava. I must say that when people warned us that we would not be sleeping and a "baby changes everything", I just thought, "How hard can it be?" Well, the first week is VERY hard. Everything you are doing with your baby is new........first baths, first feedings, first diaper explosion, first need for a fingernail trim. That all sounds like easy stuff, but when it is your precious baby, it seems so critical. The hardest part for me has been the lack of sleep. I have had nights of 1 hour of sleep and nights of 5 hours of sleep..........the days following nights of sleep go much smoother.
Here are pictures from our first week at home.
She looks so sweet when she sleeps. I can kiss her cheeks for hours!
Ava's latest stats...........we are working very hard on nursing to get her weight % up with the others.
Length: 20" (49%)
Weight: 6lb 15 oz (16%)
Head Circumference: 35.5 cm (48%)


9 comments:
She is just precious!! I hope you get more sleep soon, I'm in impressed that you're blogging...I would be sleeping :). She looks so cute bundled up in her swing!
She is so precious! I'm obviously not speaking from experience (yet!) but I've heard that bfeeding comes with practice, practice practice (remind me of this in a month will you?) ;) Please keep the posts coming - I love hearing about your stories as a new mommy and about sweet little Ava!
She's looking to be a stunner, just her like her beautiful Mommy! You're doing a fabulous job... I will be right there in my first week too before too long, so you're not alone!
Congratulations, Gina! She is absolutely precious!
Hang in there. I will be praying for you during these tough days!
She is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her!
Gina you are doing so well!!! She's so darling! Thanks for sharing and I'm certainly praying for you for more sleep and encouragement. What a wonderful mommy you are!!!
Ava is so precious! Hang in there... BFing certainly presents its challenges (read our blog in the early months), but James is almost 11 months and we are going strong! It is worth it, I promise! We will be thinking about yall!
Congratulations! She is gorgeous. Kiss those cheeks as much as you want. She won't remember it, but you will! They grow so fast! It's hard to believe it, but one day that swing will be too small for her...cherish the moments, they go sooooo fast!
Jack slept in his bouncy chair in the pack & play for several weeks when he was first born. I think it's the motion. She is precious! Can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment